Diagnostics in Witten
Open Magnetic Resonance Imaging: No fear of the tube
Your specialist has referred you for an MRI diagnosis, or is it your personal wish to have one performed? At our practice in Witten, we offer the opportunity to undergo conventional magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and an open MRI – the Hitachi OASIS ™ with 1.2 Tesla field strength – the world’s most powerful open MRI.
Our practice is one of only two radiology practices in Germany that has this high-tech device.
Especially patients with severe claustrophobia, obese patients or those with physical disabilities benefit most from this powerful and patient-friendly MRI scanner.
This way it is possible for our RUHRRADIOLOGIE team in Witten to offer all our patients a fearless MRI diagnosis.
We are happy to inform you personally about the different aspects of open MRI. Please contact us.
Your team of RUHRRADIOLOGIE in Witten
Hitachi OASIS™ Productvideo
Advantages of Open MRI
- Comfortable patient table (width = 2,5 m) with sufficient space
- The end of claustrophobia in MRI examination
- 270° field of vision with a free view into the examination room
- High load for obese patients
- Mobile lateral work space of about 2 meters allowing for functional examinations
- Possibility of interventional procedures: MRI-guided biopsies or pain management interventions
- The 1.2 Tesla highest field strength provides outstanding image definition and quality in comparison to the commonly used open magnetic resonance scanners with a weaker magnetic field.